WHAT IS IPL?
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is one of the best-kept secrets in medical aesthetics!
Utilizing specific wavelengths of light, we can target various concerns including vascular and pigmented lesions, sunspots and more.
The results are AMAZING and we can’t wait for you to experience them.
HOW DOES IPL WORK?
During a consultation, your laser tech will choose what wavelength of light is best to treat your concerns.
During your appointment, broad-spectrum pulsed light is transmitted through a cooled applicator and gently placed over your skin. The light penetrates the tissue and is absorbed by the exact areas we are trying to correct, damaging them in order to regenerate cells in that area.
Your body’s natural processes then clear the lesion debris, giving your skin a more even tone and youthful appearance.
For the best results, we’ll ask you to follow the rules below before and after treatment.
BEFORE YOUR IPL TREATMENT
- Avoid sun and sunless tanning for four weeks.
- Inform your laser tech if you develop an infection or sores in the area.
- Hydrate! Proper internal hydration aids in your body’s natural ability to cool the skin after treatment.
- Take aspirin or other blood thinners for at least three days before your treatment.
- Use any retinoids, tretinoins, alpha or beta hydroxy products, vitamin C products, scrub, exfoliate, or have chemical peels performed on the treated area for one week.
- Wax or use a depilatory on treatment areas for one week prior to your treatment.
- Smoke at least six weeks before IPL
AFTER YOUR IPL TREATMENT
- Avoid sun and sunless tanning for four weeks, again!
- Use a moisturizer with 30+ SPF to protect your skin from any unavoidable sun exposure
- Tell your Laser Tech if you experience redness that lasts for more than 48 hours
- Scratch or pick at blemishes that will surface. Allow them to heal and naturally flake off.
- Partake in strenuous exercising, hot baths, showers, or hot tubs for at least 48 hours. Overheating the skin in the first 24 – 48 hours can alter the final results.
- Exfoliate your skin within the first seven days as it may cause irritation.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Talk to our laser techs today to start your journey to even-toned, youthful skin this month!
Give us a call or request a consultation, today.